Kenneth E. Kemp, IIShareholder
Kenneth E. Kemp, II, practices in the areas of Wills, Trusts, Estates, Estate Planning, Probate, Guardianship, Trust litigation, Probate litigation, Guardianship litigation, Exempt Organizations and Taxation, with a focus in Guardianship, Trust Litigation, Probate Litigation and Guardianship Litigation.
In 2001, Ken worked at the United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Florida, as a law clerk. There, he counseled FBI and DEA agents on how to make proper searches and seizures of illicit drugs coming into our ports of entry. He also handled high publicity tax-evasion cases. Ken also worked as an intern Assistant State Attorney at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office. He remained at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office until December, 2001. After completing his Master of Laws in Taxation in May, 2003, he moved to Fort Myers and joined Andre J. Patrone, P.A. In 2007, he became a partner in Patrone & Kemp, P.A., now known as Patrone, Kemp, Bentley & Mace, P.A.
In addition, Ken has served as an adjunct professor at Florida Gulf Coast University. He taught Introduction to Law, Wills, Trusts and Estates, and Business Law, in the Legal Studies program. Ken has also taught the Trust and Incapacity class of the Florida Guardianship 40-hour course.
Ken is a member of the Florida Bar, the Estate Planning Council of Fort Myers and served as President for the S.W. Florida Chapter of the Florida State Guardianship Association. Ken has served as a member of the Calusa Inn of Court and was nominated to the position of Master.
Ken was appointed to the Twentieth Circuit Grievance Committee “A” in 2022.
- Admitted in 2002, Florida
- In re Guardianship of Beck, 204 So. 3d 143 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016)
- Finlaw v. Finlaw, 320 So. 3d 844 (Fla. 2d DCA 2021)
- Leonard-Boyce v. Winkle, 324 So. 3d 34 (Fla. 2d DCA 2021)
Additional Payment Information
- Free Initial Consultation
- Fixed Hourly Rates
- Fixed Fees Available
Law School Attended
- Nova Southeastern University School of Law, Class of 2001, J.D.
- University of Miami School of Law, Class of 2003, LL.M.
- Florida Gulf Coast University, Class of 1999, B.S., summa cum laude
Associations & Memberships
- Florida Bar
- Estate Planning Council of Fort Myers
- South West Florida Chapter of Florida State Guardianship Association
- Calusa Inn of Court